Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hillary: The White Race is Deplorable



Vincent J. Curtis

21 Sept 2016


After a grueling 24 hours on the campaign trail, Hillary yesterday took the rest of the week off to rest and prepare for the first presidential debate with Donald Trump next Monday night.

She had not abandoned campaigning entirely.  Taking a page from Trump, Hillary called in to the Steve Harvey morning show in the wake of the Tulsa, OK, shooting.  A police officer, who happened to be a white female, (40-year-old Officer Betty Shelby) shot and killed an unarmed black man (40-year-old Terence Crutcher) during a traffic incident.  The matter is still under investigation, but the incident played into the Black Lives Matter narrative.

Always careful never to throw gasoline onto the fire unless it servers her purposes, Hillary sought to burnish her fading image in the black community through the Harvey show.  She spoke more or less as follows:

"We have got to tackle systemic racism… This horrible shooting again.  How many times do we have to see this in our country…..This is just unbearable, and it needs to be intolerable."

"And maybe I can, by speaking directly to white people, say, 'Look, this is not who we are,'"  "We have got to do everything possible to improve policing, to go right at implicit bias."

This is not the first time Hillary has spoken of the need for her to have a word with white people about their racism.  At the NAACP convention earlier this year, Clinton said:

"We white Americans need to do a better job of listening when African-Americans talk about the seen and unseen barriers you face every day. We need to recognize our privilege and practice humility, rather than assume our experiences are everyone's experiences,"

Perhaps a black audience is used to being spoken to directly as a race, but to a white man’s ears it is jarring to listen to Hillary speak in my name on behalf of the race that I belong to.

Hillary the Harpy is going to castigate me for this and other police shootings because I happen to be of the same race as the police officer involved?  Am I guilty by association on account of my race?

Since harridan Hillary is going to tell me who “we are” and who “we are supposed to be,” let me fill her in on some of my details.  I am not one of the police officers involved in these incidents.  I have no say in how police officers are trained or in the tactics they employ.  I just pay my taxes and go about minding my own business.  I am not one of the deplorables you think I am, and, frankly, I am offended by your presumption even to speak to me about my alleged biases and my alleged privilege on the basis that I am white.  You have no right to castigate me “one white person to another.”

Hillary is very, very careful to make sure that at the latest act of radical Islamic terrorism Muslims as a whole are not painted with the brush of suspicion.  Yet here she is doing the very opposite, holding the entire white race responsible for these individual instances of police officers shooting black men while on police duty.

If Hillary wants to talk about changing police training and tactics, fine.  But the white race as whole, of which I am a member, cannot be held responsible for possible breakdowns or failures in police training and tactics in individual instances.  These are the responsibility of the individuals involved, regardless of the race or gender they belong to.

When it comes to her, Hillary thinks that racism is “okay for me, but not for thee.”

Evidently, Hillary thinks that much of the white race belong in her basket of deplorables.  Donald Trump was right when he declared, “Hillary Clinton is a bigot!”
-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment